The airport is located in the Southwestern Pacific Ocean. It once consisted of just mowed grass airstrips. In the past, it was decommissioned because of the sound of the airplanes. Nearly a decade ago it was re-opened. It’s become a popular flight destination for people interested in visiting Fagali’I, Upola island, or any of the Samoan islands. The airport is roughly 2500 miles from Brisbane, Australia, and 2600 miles south-southwest of Hawaii, United States. Fagali’I’s population is roughly 1700. The airport’s main partners are Polynesian Airlines and Samoa Air. It’s also a typical stop for travelers flying to Pago Pago.
We found several deals to fly to the Fagali’I Airport in January. At Cheapoair.com we found round-trip tickets leaving California for about $1000.00 United States Dollars. On Expedia.com we also found from California round-trip air, with 16-day hotel stay starting at $1195 for one person’s flights and hotel stay! It’s a great luxury destination that is also affordable for people on any budget.
The Fagali’I Airport provides access to a lot of great tourist destinations and activities. Some of our favorites Samoan tourism hotspots include:
- The Samoan islands have world-renowned surfing beaches. Just be careful there can be big pacific ocean waves.
- Fagali’I is the perfect destination to start a boat trip. There are hundreds of islands scattered for hundreds of miles around the Samoas. Depending on the season you could take a boat trip to Hawaii, or Australia.
- The airport is a short distance from breathtaking mountainous hiking adventures. You can see waterfalls, volcanoes, and ancient caves on Upola! You can also see marvelous lava
- The ocean waters around the Samoan islands are famous for their great fishing.
- The royal Samoan golf course. It’s coincidentally next to the airport.
- You can watch a sunrise or sunset depending on which side of the island you’re on.